About the job
- Develops training programs and learning materials using a variety of learning methodologies designed for the classroom, self-directed and web-based delivery mediums, integrating adult learning theory and creativity into all design elements to create an interactive and effective learning experience.
- Determines and develops appropriate training solutions for assigned projects based on the outcome of analysing business needs, performance goals, and audience.
- Create, deploy, and maintain eLearning media using tools such as Storyline, Simulations, Scenario and game-based learning, Audio, Video, Websites, and additional media, as needed.
- Participates in the program design process by conducting: needs assessments, task analysis; research of knowledge tasks; working with subject matter experts to validate content; and creating supporting design documents including storyboards and mock-ups. The development includes: constructing end-user classroom materials, facilitator guides, assessments, and writing supporting documentation.
- Designs and develops data collection tools and methods to measure the impact of training.
- Build engaging, impactful user interfaces, prototypes, and graphic design elements for use within websites and eLearning media; provide creative direction on interactivity, imagery and branding.
- Review and test internal, vendor-created, and other media for the organisation and/or deployment via LMS systems.
- Researches current industry best practices in learning and eLearning and applies them to instructional solutions.
Skills and Qualifications :
- 8 + years of experience in Instructional Design in the EdTech industry
- Knowledge of LMS systems and creating compliant content that functions within an LMS Knowledge of Web-based Training (WBT) creation, along with creating media such as audio, video, custom animations/interactions, custom graphics, etc.
- Knowledge in Data Science and Software development is a big plus.
- Instructional design – knowledge of adult learning principles, assessment, needs analysis, job task analysis.
- Experience providing instructional design across modalities (i.e. face-to-face, hybrid or online courses).
- Visual design – knowledge and experience in how to craft the visual experience that works best with course content.
- Experience design – knowledge and experience in creating user interfaces that facilitate the best learning experience.
- Must have demonstrated skill of getting things done i.e. a strong execution skill. Hands-on experience in a startup or a competitive environment.